Painted Occ Stingray

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Welding, Fabrication and Paintin' started by eomonkeyboi24, Jul 6, 2009.

1. eomonkeyboi24

eomonkeyboi24 New Member

Well today I finally reassembled my newly painted occ and decided it's time for some pictures. It does not have a motor on it yet but will as soon as I get paid. ENJOY!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. TerrontheSnake

TerrontheSnake New Member

Not Bad Monkey boy, what did you end up using as far as the paint?

3. eomonkeyboi24

eomonkeyboi24 New Member

plasti-kote. I really liked that stuff. It worked well. I guess since it's my first paint job its good. Painting can be hard...

So did u repaint your bike?

4. TerrontheSnake

I haven't yet. I can't motivate myself to spend any money on it anymore as I cannot ride it in my state. I will be doing some mods to make it a better more reliable ride then I'll try to sell it.

5. eomonkeyboi24

eomonkeyboi24 New Member

Cool, well good luck with the sell, I'd buy it if i didn't already have one because its really sick! I can't ride it in my state either yet I am going to. haha.

6. NunyaBidness

NunyaBidness Active Member

According to the laws in my state,TN, I am supposed to have a drivers license. I talked with a cop one day who said to me "And that's less than 50cc's so you don't even need a drivers license." Needles to say I did not bother to correct him on either of his misconceptions

7. eomonkeyboi24

eomonkeyboi24 New Member

HAHA nice, welll now you can say a cop told me it was ok if you get pulled over

8. TerrontheSnake

You know what Nunya, that actually make me very happy, because I have been reminded. I have been pulled over three times, and let go everytime all while my lic was suspended and appparently after the Law change. I believe that I can talk my way out of it, if Nothing else I can say that "I wasn't aware about the suspension law, because I have been pulled over many times and that issue was never brought to my attention. My apologies officer I will just pedal it home sorry bout that".

#8 TerrontheSnake, Jul 7, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2009
  9. MrLarkins

MrLarkins HS Math Teacher

besides the several layers of paint, is there any 'sealing' that needs to be done?

10. eomonkeyboi24

eomonkeyboi24 New Member

I used a clear coat on top of it all.