oil under the engine

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by jbabb, Sep 12, 2009.

1. jbabb

jbabb New Member

I am fairly new to the motored biking. I have two Chinese engines. One 80cc and one 49cc. I

Both have black nasty oil dripping on the floor after I park them. It is coming from under the engine.Does anyone know If I can stop this or is it just Characteristic of these beasts?

Thanks for the help.

jbabb
    :-||

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

It's probably coming from the exaust pipe... (it's normal)

3. jbabb

jbabb New Member

I forgot to mention that. I thought it was the exhaust as well. But it is actually running all over the back motor mounts of both engines. It is not a clean oil ( I use blue 2 cycle ) it is a wet Black gewy stuff.

It wasn't the exhaust pipe like I thought, and both engines seem to have it in the same place.

Is there some type of gasket in there?

jbabb:-||

4. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

The 2-stroke engines also "spit" some gas & oil back out of the carbs... (again, this is normal.)

5. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

my grubee does that. i just think of it as an automatic chain oiler. it goes away after awhile. and it's harmless. except to your socks.

6. city of angels

city of angels New Member

what type of oil are u using (how much) my bike use to do that until i switch to amsoil oil right the only i get is the oil from the exaust that comes when i am running the bike

7. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Prolly not it - but I just spooked myself (not you guys spookytooth lol), I was doin' my usual "preflight" and I noticed the underside of MY motor was covered in "wet Black gewy stuff"

Yeah, well... as it turns out I was just a bit too enthusiastic last time I oiled my chain heh

8. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

I was getting that as well, was almost a tar that would run down the mag cover and was in the cooling fins. Snugged up the exhaust nuts and switched to Opti-2 and it went away.

9. Revo

Revo New Member

Mine did it too, try to screw the motor mount studs in all the way. Mine does'nt leak anymore.

10. xlite

xlite New Member

It's funny to see people use 16:1 mix which is about 3x what's needed then wonder why their bike leaves a black trail of oil behind. :)

11. Mike Hunt

Mike Hunt New Member

bike's just marking its territory.

its probably the mix though, i used to have that problem too, until i started putting in less oil.

12. xlite

xlite New Member

LOL! I have a special strip of my driveway allocated for the "oil barons". Gotta be careful not to slip when walking up that area. :)

13. chrisme

chrisme New Member

When my carb was running rich it would spit black crap out of the exhaust. And since my exhaust gasket leaked it would come out there too.
    But after I fixed my carb and got it running right, the black greasy nastiness stopped.