Oh brother, here i go again!!!

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
Why do you want a 49cc,why not a 66cc for a couple bucks more,if anymore....A couple weeks ago I bought 2 80cc Raw engines from Zone 8....
John-John

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Just curious do you see much difference in a 66 over a 49? At any rate I'd go with Dax for all around reasons...support being high on the list.

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Weekend fun,
Your respect for "the rules" is admirable. However, most of these motors do not have the size stamped on the out side of the motor. Who is going to know what size motor is on your bike besides you? I ride a 70cc but I am ready to say "it's a 49cc" whenever anyone asks. I hope this helps.

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
You want to follow laws, maybe you don't want to lie either. I can't see how there would be much difference if any between the two sizes.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
I think he said he was moving to Texas and the law says under 50cc under 31mph on level ground and I'm pretty sure 15 year old to ride on streets he can do whatever his parents say off road. To answer the question who gonna know what size engine he has that's easy HE will.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Cranky ol' bastid that I am I see little reason to stay within the constraints of such a meaningless law - they needed a number and the bureaucrats picked one.

However, weekend fun is a minor and as such is unfortunately all the more likely to be targeted by hostile enforcers whom have little regard for the letter of the law - let alone deviations from it. There's little difference between a hopped up 49cc and a stock 66, so why not actually be legal in this case? That way he's covered by the plate on the side of the engine and can provide receipts in court if need be.

I understand my own hypocrisy - havin' an oversize engine yet suggesting legality... *shrug* I've made my choice and I understand the repercussions, as does weekend fun I bet ;)

Cops just don't listen to kids - even when they're tellin' the truth. Best to cover the bases I figure.

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I just got the 49 slanthead from boygofast- I probably won't have it installed for a few weeks, so I don't know about the power- I've got a 66 on a cruiser w/ a 36 sproket- it goes as fast as I want to ride, and a nice cruise speed- but no, none of these motors are really that powerfull, especially with only one gear.

The new kit comes with a nice countersunk 41 tooth sprocket, lighter than the 44s and the motor should be able to pull that well I think- mines going on a ten speed frame with small clearances and everything is chosen to keep the bikes weight minimal.
It also came with a smaller tank, and newer pre-installed carb.

I don't think this is the new ported carb just being put out (see spookytooth and others) but it does have an added shutoff at the top. It could be a drawback changing carbs though, and I'm not sure yet if the intake is the same at the frame- the sleeve has been eliminated, I think to improve the carburetion. I'm happy with this kit and with narrow tires and 27 alloy rims, I think it will pull the bike- I'm going to try a 34 sproket.

I'm just going to be on flat smooth streets.

Dax has pretty goods deals that come with a chrome tank- I can't speak for others- It's hard to anticipate just what you'l get sometimes- the shippments and offerings seem to change

Here's a couple of my bikes: My circa 1970 Peugeot PX10 road bike, fitted with alloy MX bars, Cobra grips and thumb shifters.

The build underway- My "BROOMSTICK"- Schwinn Traveller- with the slant 49 not yet tightened on. I believe between the smaller size and the extended pipe and long muffler that this will be a tad quieter than the cruiser.

happy motoring

Attachments

Last edited:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
I think he said he was moving to Texas and the law says under 50cc under 31mph on level ground and I'm pretty sure 15 year old to ride on streets he can do whatever his parents say off road. To answer the question who gonna know what size engine he has that's easy HE will.
yep i am movin' to dallas!!!!

i actully am 11

And my mom would not let me get one 'cause SHE wants me to follow the rules *killjoy..*

Oh well, life happens :D

captainrichhill

May 31, 2008
Weekend fun,

You sound like an awesome kid. Yea, listen to your folks. It will make it much easier for you in the long run. You got plenty of time to "streach" the rules later in life. It's already too late for most of us on this site so save yourself.
Enjoy the great hobby of motorbicycling.brnot

marts1

Sep 18, 2009
Oshawa Ont CA
Only because thats the way people want to be, not have to...I'm one of the odd balls myself. Do not get the idea that I think I'm better, I know different.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
You could try our 49cc 4 stroke it has the power of an 80cc, sofar we have not had a complaint yet on our 4 strokes we have a member on here writing a reveiw of our 4 strokes and our customer service. Check out his you tube video.YouTube - 49cc 4 stroke bicycle engine kit,
Thanks
I have heard alot of bad things about the 4 strokes and the gear boxes being lemons....I watched the utube video and the even thow the engine was new he said he was having problems with the gear box slipping.....Hope you have good luck with these 4 stroke gear boxes....
John-John

Motor Boys

Nov 6, 2009
Cambridge
Hey John, he said clutch is slipping and that was because he had the gear box full of gear oil at the time, since he has switched to grease and has no slipping to my knowledge and has around 500km on the bike in a little over 2 weeks. Also please everyone remember my prices are in Can. dollars so cheaper then they appear, sorry for the plug not on here to boost my sales, just looking for some great advise. Thanks