Newbie's first build

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by twest, Mar 14, 2011.

1. twest

twest New Member

Newbie here and I need a little help with selecting some parts. I have searched the forum, and have not been able to find the info I am looking for.

I just ordered a Felt Revolver and it will not be delivered until this weekend.
    That being said, I do not know which of the following parts to order to fit the stock bike; and I would like to get my order in before the bike and engine kit arrives.

HMB universal Motor mount...43mm or 38mm. I believe it is a steel frame and will accept the 38mm, but I am unsure.

Manic Mechanic Hub Adapter...I'm guessing again as I have no way to measure the rear hub, but I believe the stock is a Shimano coaster brake hub. Do I need the CB-110 Hub adapter and sprocket? The thing that confused me is that the hub only shows 56T/62T/66T sprockets as options. I think I want to run a 40T sprocket.

I ordered the bikeberry 66cc grubee skyhawk. Looking at the photos, I am not seeing a fuel filter or petcock. Does anyone know if they are included with this kit?

Anyhow, I am looking forward to the build and thank you in advance for your assistance.

TW

#1 twest, Mar 14, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2011
  2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

3. SlowBalt

SlowBalt Member

They also carry 44, 41, and 36 tooth. But the site only shows what they have in stock.

4. twest

twest New Member

Slowbalt and Dave31, thank you for your replies. The most difficult thing for me at the moment is trying figure out how I want to go about my rear hub...SBP Jack Shift, HD Hub, Manic Mechanic Hub adapter, Hybriped...

5. SlowBalt

SlowBalt Member

It depends what you want to do. I'm personally a big fan of the Manic adapter.
    I have a Boy go fast Z-80(66cc) with the Manic adapter. I'm running a 36 tooth and it hits 40 mph and pulls up steep long hills at 20mph. If you want good power all around with the 66 I like the 41 tooth. It tops out around 36 mph and pulls strong up every hill.
    For off road the 44 is your best bet.

It's in their.