Newbie from Australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by spanners, Oct 10, 2011.

1. spanners

spanners New Member

Hi Guys
    New member from, East coast of Australia. A bit of an intro, I’ve been around 2 strokes for more years than I care to remember I use to race RD350s & RD400s and I’ve also had a few dirt bikes.
    These little motors are new to me ,once I came across this forum with thanks to guys like BarelyAWake and many others with there awesome how to it posts, I was inspired and had to try my hand at building one. So far this what I have, An old mountain bike that been sitting around in the back yard for at least ten years .The motor I started out with is a F80 with needle roller bearings in the top end . What’s been done so far, the inlet and outlet have been ported, transfer ports cleaned up, small piston mods a Punch high compression head , expansion chamber, MM intake manifold re-ported and to matched to the intake port, speed carbie with a few small mods, expansion chamber port matched as close as I could get it and a set of slickasawrus mountain bike road tires. At the moment I’m waiting on a better CDI and an adjustable carbie a (Ben Ten) made in china (similar to CNS carbie) to turn up .The bike hasn’t been even started yet. I don’t know if I will keep this one yet, while I was building it I was thinking I could do better than this if I started out with better components.
    Cheers JIM
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Lookin' good Spanners!

Good to meet ya and welcome!

3. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Welcome to the forum mate......nice first build!

dnut

4. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman New Member

Welcome to the forum mate, nice build! There are quite a few members on here from Down Under.

5. spanners

spanners New Member

Thanks for the welcome guys
    Cheers