new to forum

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jeffromoocow, Oct 12, 2013.

1. jeffromoocow

jeffromoocow New Member

This is my third motor. The first one broke studs because I used rubber motor mounts from Bikeberry. MISTAKE! My fault. Then I tried to drill the hardened studs out with easyouts breaking two of them and just ruined the bottom end. SO I got another motor from ebay and it was used and didn't have the upgraded needle bearings and shot the head because they were substandard. So this is a picture of the new motor I got from Gasbike.net. I am thoughroughly pleased with my order and got a kit that I had to assemble myself instead of a motor already put together with the upgraded bearing. A Grubee Skyhawk GT5. This is by far the best motor so far. Still breaking it in. I am trying not to go past 20 mph because I am afraid of taking it too far considering my last experience with the top end. I am loving this new hobby. It is SOOOOO ADDICTIVE!! Fun!!

Attached Files:

2. jeffromoocow

jeffromoocow New Member

I've noticed that the faster I got, the more it wants to haull ***! Is that really the "power band"

3. bill2781

bill2781 Member

welcome to the forums

4. xseler

xseler Well-Known Member

Howdy & welcome!!

This is addictive ----- but it's much cheaper than Crack!! :D

5. massdrive

massdrive New Member

Welcome Jeff

6. paul

paul Active Member

welcome to our motorized bicycle community. look forward to sharing and learning from you