New power gain discovery!!!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by sleepy hollow, Jul 22, 2012.

1. sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow New Member

So long story short I'm a cheap person when it comes to this bike, I'm not going to spend $20 on a qt of 2 stroke oil for a $90 engine, so i buy walmart 1 gallon bottles for $13, well i ran out and had to go to my local auto parts store and picked up 2 small bottles of 2 stroke oil, the first bottle ran out and i opened the second one, after mixing the fuel i noticed it was 10w30 lawnmower oil, my bike sounds more like a dirt bike and has a higher top end and revs higher, also when i noticed it was 4 stroke oil i mixed some 2 stroke oil with it,

concerns?
    explenations?
    xct2

2. tooljunkie

tooljunkie Member

back in the old days,sae 30 was two stroke oil.at least some people used it in the gas.
    my dad was one of them.but at 16:1.

3. sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow New Member

but why did i get a power gain its weird

4. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

It's probably causing a 'lean' effect in the fuel mixture... Proper carb jetting will do that in a better way.

5. sleepy hollow

sleepy hollow New Member

that makes sense, i noticed the idle was a lot higher, and it sounded tinny, i wish i could fire it and take a video but unfortunately a pick up pulled in front of me and destroyed my forks and rim,xct2