New on here, from Central California.

GoldenMotor.com

schin

May 14, 2011
usa
I'm Mike,

located in Central California. My first motorized bike. Bought the bicycle at Walmart online and the engine kit new on ebay. I am mechanical minded, so I made custom bracket for the chain tension-er/idler. I think the idler setup that came with the engine is very unsafe.
Reading a lot of good information on here and have learned a lot since I joined.

Happy riding to everybody.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place for help or advice and to share your build with the other members.
Have fun, ride safe.
Tom

schin

May 14, 2011
usa
Thanks Tom,
yes I am enjoying all the great stuff on this site. I uploaded some photos I took today.

Mike

ToxicAz520

Mar 11, 2011
Tucson,Arizona
Looks good welcome to the site. I was mechanically inclined as well when I joined. I have learned everything else that I need or needed to know from this forum and continue to learn. Once again I want to say Welcome to the forum and your new addiction.

schin

May 14, 2011
usa
Thank's to all who make me welcome on here. I also welcome good advice and ideas. Especial thank you to Baadboy and his friend who are local to me. I was very impressed with there bikes. They road with me today and gave me more courage to go out there and ride this bike. .we.

Mike

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
You've built a nice bike, Shin !
...Great alternate for that Fiero!!!

I'm building MAB from a basketcase I bought from a college student.
...probably won't end up as nice as yours, but still hope to get in the wind soon and beat this heat!
I'm on the central coast near Paso, and it gets plenty HOT here!

Nice improvement you made on the chain tensioner... seems there's many tales of them ending up in the spokes.

How many miles have you got on your MAB now?
Everything ran well?
Have you needed to tighten your rear spokes yet, on the new bike?

Best
rc

schin

May 14, 2011
usa
Thanks Rustycase, yes I have 3 of those Fiero. But with the economy now I can't afford to play with them. So now I am going to play with the motorbicycle.
I have rode it about 10 miles so far. I discovered a small leak at the muffler gasket when I took off the muffler the cardboard like gasket was cracked. Tonight I made a gasket out of medium soft aluminum about 1/8" thick and put it together with gasket sealer. tomorrow I will test it out.

I got a flat front wheel last night. I picked up a thorn that went trough the tire and tube. The tires are made with a light thin material and the tubes are not good either. I got tuffy tire liners and soon I will get heavier duty tubes too. Then the tires may be OK for awhile. The spokes seem to be OK so far. I would like to attach the rear sprocket later with one of those brackets instead of the rag joint. usflg

Last edited: