GoldenMotor.com

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Hello to all.
I just built my first motorized bike. Built on a mid 90s Ross diamondback 186, steel lugged cruiser, 26" wheels. with a HS 142F 4 stroke. I love the bike and am now looking for more speed. I drilled the fuel mixture plug out, drilled the main jet to a # 72, opened up the air box, and drilled several large holes in the stock exhaust box baffle. It runs great with lots of low end torque. I'm thinking next will be a better carb and I will build custom exhaust. After that I will install a shift kit to be able to use the 7 speed cassette. I am retired now but worked a Harley Davidson mechanic for 35 years. I'm have as much fun with this little bike as I did with my first H.D. back in the 60s. Amazing, LOL. This is a great forum with tons of knowledge and great people, I look forward to picking brains and sharing my project.

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Hello Uncle Bob, welcome to the forum.

I used to have a 90's Ross, never motorized it. I like that bike it was a good bike, I rode it for over a year.

These Motorized bikes are addictive

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome, Bob. I had an uncle Bob meself once. Was a great guy :)

You've come to the right place to share the fun of a motorized bicycle. They aren't as fast or powerful as a Harley but they have a special appeal that you'll never get with a real motorcycle.

Your past experience will help you a lot but we're always here to offer any help we can with your new hobby.

Have fun and ride safe.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Potato, potato, potato, ....., potato........

Howdy & welcome!! As you've said, these little contraptions are a lot of fun.......but, they just don't sound like a Harley!

Uncle Bob

Sep 1, 2015
Walla Walla. WA
Thanks for all the warm welcomes. Yes...very addictive, I'm already planing my next build with a HF 79cc and Q-matic trans. I'm going to look around for an old school frame. Double top tube and build my own in frame gas tank. I haven't had this much fun on two wheels in years. It may not sound like a Harley but that single cylinder engine sounds great all the same.