New member here!!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Scrapz253, Apr 9, 2012.

1. Scrapz253

Scrapz253 New Member

Hey everybody! I am a new member here and decided to pick up a new hobby. which will hopefully be cheaper than my last one. i saw a buddy on another forum build a motorized bicycle because he blew the motor in his car and i decided i just have to have one. that and i love building things. so i was at first looking to build a tandem bike for my wife and i but everybody lately wants stupid money for them. so i picked up a schwinn sting ray for pretty cheap and i am going to embark on this build in the next couple weeks. this isnt an occ bike, its the model before that i guess (with the front fender and foot pegs). been cleaning up the bike in the mean time (surface rust, fresh paint, removing old worn decals, etc). i am looking forward to this and i just recently realized it will be a bit pricier than building a mountain bike with all the custom hubs and mounts and whatnot. so wish me luck and ill post pics every step of the way!!! i do have a question though before i order a motor kit... should i spend the extra money on a stinger or grubee? or just get an ebay kit? is there really a quality difference with the $30-40 price increase?? thanks in advance!!

#1 Scrapz253, Apr 9, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2012
  2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum Scrapz, glad you joined us. Please do keep us updated on your chopper build.

3. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Yes....welcome to the forum Scrapz (^) There really is not much difference in the quality of these little China 2-strokes, but can be hit or miss either way with the lack of quality control. I do wish you luck and have fun building!

dnut

4. Mannhouse51

Mannhouse51 New Member

Welcome to the forum . Pick a motor and hope for the best . This forum provides tons of help if you need it . Have fun !

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. EBay sellers don't offer much customer service if the kit arrives with missing or damaged parts. Enjoy your build and keep us posted.

6. Texhun

Texhun New Member

Welcome to the forum buddy! Hope you can get you're ride going soon.

7. Dwight Pierce

Dwight Pierce New Member

I'm trying to buy a 4 stoke kit the grubbee what is a stinger?

Dwight