New Kid on the Block

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Nadogail, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Nadogail

Nadogail New Member

I have been fascinated by Motorized Bicycles since I first saw a Whizzer, some 60+ years ago.
    I no longer ride as much as I used to, and now use a Sun EZ3 USX recumbent tricycle because I can no longer gracefully get on and off an upright bike.

The Sun Trike weighs a lot more than my old PX-10, so I am considering an engine.
    I have a 13 Hp, electric start Harbor Freight engine with less than 10 hours on it, an Arc Welder, and ideas. 13 Hp seems like a lot, my old Cushman took me all over town with 4 Hp. The 13Hp is paid for, and will have power to spare to run an alternator to charge the battery and make lots of bright lights.

The push trailer is where I think I want to go, but I realize I am considering a vast project with half-vast planing.

You messages are welcome, I sometimes need a healthy dose of reality.

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Well, recumbents are all wonderfully different - but a traditional trike has oodles of room fer such things lol

Welcome to the forum, we'd love some pics - recumbent bikes are somewhat rare ;)

3. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome Nadogail, glad you joined us.

4. Nadogail

Nadogail New Member

Reality has raised it's ugly head. After reading a lot of posts about Push Trailers, I have to agree that 13 Horsees are too many to put on a bicycle push trailer. One moments inattention and you will have a tiger climbing up your tail.

The 6.5 is available from Harbor Freight (with a coupon) for $100, and it is also probably too big for me and my tricycle.

At 70, I heal too slowly to volunteer to ride what could become an unguided missle.

So it is time to go back to the drawing board.

Gail Brownlow

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Sometimes the drawing board is the best part.