New guy

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Motobladester, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Motobladester

Motobladester New Member

Hi folks, I'm new, and just wanted to say hi and get involved. I have been a motorcycle rider for most of my life, but have recently gotten intrigued by motorized bicycles. My first MB was a Diamondback with 27" wheels. I installed a boygofast 66cc engine and kit. Had to experiment with some chain tension and tracking issues, but it works great now. The wheel size isn't ideal, should be a 26", so I'll remount that on another bike soon. (I'm breaking some spokes)

I bought a 50cc pocket bike engine and am about halfway through mounting that to a Zephyre Boardwalk cruiser via a rear rack mount and chain drive.

Anyway, I now realize I am having as much fun with 50ccs as I can have with 1400 ccs, and life is good.

Take care,
    Phillip

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Phillip, Welcome to the forum, glad you joined us.

Please keep us posted on your Zephyre Boardwalk cruiser build, sounds very interesting.

3. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Motorized bikes are far simpler than a modern motorcycle and I think that simplicity is a big part of the appeal.

4. Motobladester

Motobladester New Member

I totally agree, there is something wonderful about the minimalist yet effective motorized bike. Thanks for the warm welcome to the forum.