New guy in the Kansas City area...

GoldenMotor.com

Moparkansas

Jan 22, 2016
Olathe, KS
Hello all, here is my brief introduction. I am a fifty-ish year old teenager that likes to get his hands dirty and have always wanted to build a motorized bike. I have a couple of motorcycle projects that I am currently working on (owned both since grade school) They are a Honda SL100 and a Honda CB360 (OK the 360 was my dad’s). I decided to do a bike so I could build something without the tediousness of having to restore every part.

I also have a 1973 Dodge Challenger (done) and a 1968 Plymouth Satellite convertible (project). If that isn’t enough, I also do Christmas lights synced to music for another hobby. For my day job I am an executive recruiter that specializes in scientific (R& D and Quality) recruiting. Anyway I found a cheap ($63) Huffy Panama Jack after the holidays and will be posting a thread in the cruiser build area. Have a great week!

Attachments

Moparkansas

Jan 22, 2016
Olathe, KS
If you want a picture of the SL100 just picture a bare frame that is dirty and greasy and a couple of boxes of parts. gonna put it pretty much back to stock with better rear shocks. The 360 is going to be done cafe style.

Haven't gotten out in the garage much over the winter and it is pretty full being a 3 car garage with two old cars (one torn apart), my daily driver and two motorcycle projects! Thanks for the welcome - lots of great info on this forum.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Actually, the '68 Satellite is what sounds really interesting.

But I'm kinda partial to Chrysler products of the 60s and 70s. Usually quirky and often kinda funny looking. But always very love-able. (Plus the best automatic transmissions of that time. Easily.)

When I picture a 68 Satellite in my mind I'm inclined to picture a 68 Fury. But I'm wrong about that, aren't I? The Satellite was the same 'platform' as the Dodge Monaco of the sixties, isn't it?

Moparkansas

Jan 22, 2016
Olathe, KS
Satellite actually looks like a Road Runner in 68. I think the only difference might be some trim differences and the badges. Here is a pic of the Challenger - that, the bike and the wife are the only pretty things around the house.

Attachments