New guy from Los Angeles

GoldenMotor.com

degaine_designs

Nov 29, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Hey everyone. I've been lurking around the forum for a couple of weeks. I've been looking into motorized bicycles for a few months now. A while back my neighbor was having a garage sale and had a Micargi Dolphin cruiser for sale. I didn't need another bike as I already had a BMX as my main commuter, but I thought, the cruiser would be cool with a motor. And my neighbor only wanted $45 for the bike so I figured why not.

I'm in the process of saving up for the build and trying to figure out what I need for it and how everything will work and how to get it to work. I have a friend that is going to do all the fab work for me and I'll do the design work.

I noticed I have a few neighbors on here (Venice Motorbikes and Culver City Classic). I'm pretty sure I've seen some of you guys riding around, down Venice in Mar Vista possibly.

Anyway, before I keep rambling and whatnot, here's a rough idea of what I have in mind for the bike.

Last edited:

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Hey there :) Nice drawing BUT... these little motors drive off the left side of the motor and you need a jack shaft setup to move the power to the front sprocket. Sick Bike Parts has a shifter kit that does just that. Look at their expansion chamber, too. I'd rank it as the single most important component you can add, makes any other mods more worthwhile.

Ask questions, read old posts for insperation, take pictures of the build, but most of all keep drawing up bikes .shft.

degaine_designs

Nov 29, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Here's a shot of my bike in its current state (minus lights and fenders).

And here's a new rendering of the planned build.

I'm going to start the build next week by purchasing the engine kit and some other stuff, probably a jackshaft and monark forks. I'm so psyched about it. I can't wait to cruise around. I guess I need to get an M2, huh?