Nebie in Shanghai

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by pengyou, May 5, 2011.

1. pengyou

pengyou New Member

I am an American living in Shanghai and teaching English. I enjoy living here but still, after 13 years here, miss having mobile independence, so I am looking for a two wheeled vehicle. The government is trying to phase out gas motorcycles in Shanghai but electric scooters are ok. The problem with escooters - they have a limited range. Soooo I am looking for a used escooter with the intent of putting a 30 amp battery on it as well as a small 4 stroke gas engine on it hooked up to small motor to serve as a generator - a kind of hybrid, if you will. First the switching from electric to gas will be done manually but with time, money and brain power I hope to automate that task.

I will be picking your brains in the next few days - weeks. If my questions seem absurd it is probably because they are :) ...and, yes, I am a little bit crazy..but that is what makes life fun :)

2. Mike B

Mike B New Member

That's cool.

The Chinese are trying to phase out motorbikes eh?

By shipping them all over here - laff

Electric is cool. I am going to build an electric mini-bike one of these days...

Welcome, and have fun!

3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

If they're trying to get rid of gas bikes, will a gas-electric be okay? I've seen some videos of exactly what you're talking about, and they're screaming fast.

Maybe you could go do some factory tours and post video!