National Motorized Bike Club

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Events, Races and Rallies' started by ckangaroo70, Sep 4, 2016.

1. ckangaroo70

ckangaroo70 Active Member

Update: From lack of interest I have scrubbed this idea.

#1 ckangaroo70, Sep 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. mogollonmonster

I'm down! I wish I could make your scarecrow run, but none of Arizona's border states are nearly as MB friendly as ours, and being as my only transportation is my bike, I'm kinda screwed, lol.

Sign me up, probably my riding buddy Scotty, who I'll call and talk to about it this afternoon.I'm in for sure, send me a sticker and a hat pin, and lets make the dues at least a dollar a month or so, even $20 annually seems awful cheap. Let's get it going man!

There's enough of us in AZ to warrant our own chapter and no end of places to ride to.

Speaking of... Tonto National Monument starts offering tours of the Upper Ruins in the beginning of November. Cost is only the $5.00 entry fee to the park, just have to make reservations, which they start accepting in October. I plan on being on one of the first tours this year. Shoot me a PM if you'd like to join me.

3. ckangaroo70

Thanks for your interest and ideas. Anytime you join something and pay dues for something....you have to view it as a value or in your best interest. Right now there is little value due to the fact that nothing has been done yet to prove value.
    So to start...you have to get people involved and let them in at a cost to reflect value. So we start small and prove our value by demonstrating our comitment to promote and support group riding and events.

Forming area chapters would be the ultimate goal. However...at this point in time I just need to see how much interest is out there. If enough interest is shown....then I would pursue a further coarse of action to get the ball rolling.

4. MotoMagz

MotoMagz Active Member

I'm in from the D!!! Definitely has to be a basic rule book on how to act during a club ride. If not like you said it will drag us down and make it tuffet to ride around.

5. mogollonmonster

Absolutely right Motomagz! There will need to be a concrete code of conduct, other than the local and federal laws. Everyone must stay safe and further the cause and the hobby. We must conduct ourselves as ambassadors, not for our proposed organisation but for the hobby itself, creating a friendly, welcoming, and pressure free atmosphere wherever we go. You know, peace love, all that hippie hoodoo voodoo.

6. racie35

racie35 Active Member

Ill come up with a name for your club..gimme a few days. And a motto

7. Slogger

Slogger Member

Name: ****'s Rollin' Roadblocks.
    Motto: Don't Ass Pack me bro!

>Just kiddin

A club might be fun!

8. TheNecromancer13

I'd be interested. I live in Portland, Oregon, and ride all the time. I've got some friends that might be interested as well, mostly people I've built bikes for.

9. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Member

10. ckangaroo70

Thanks for the response. "From small seeds....grow tall corn!" Even if we started as small as 3 or 4 groups scattered from coast...it would give something to build from. Give all those lone wolfs out there at least a chance to get involved in some more structured and organized group rides. Club members could work together to promote events and rides held by other groups all within the same club. Most of all it would be fun and help to bring like minded motorbicyclers together for some interesting conversation, bs and group adventures. More to come.......

11. ckangaroo70

Start throwing out those name suggestions! If we can decide on a name in the next couple weeks....I will get some hats and maybe some shirts made up to send out.