Mystery bogging, uncovered.

GoldenMotor.com

houseofreggae

May 22, 2012
Missoula, MT
Couldn't for the life of me figure out what was causing my F80 to bog around WOT. Checked plug, seemed good n chocolate. Wire, good connect. Adjusted my needle - siliconed any potential leaks...then as I'm tinkerin around, I tip my carb over just a little too much and there goes the bowl contents, through my air filter inlet. So, of course I pop off the cover to dry the material out and wouldn't ya know...my choke cover was cock-eyed and the nut was loose. Seems that with choke in fully open position, the cover was still protruding over air intake hole 1/4-1/8 of it's opening. Anyway, tightened that sucker down and eyed about how far I could adjust it up or down without over-extending it and throwing off the nut adjustment. Apparently these choke arm assemblies have a weak connection the the plate (I KNOW, BIG SURPRISE - RIGHT?)...just one more thing to add to the updated edition of "Motorized Bicycles For Dummies". The "dummy" being me. Thank god for this forum tho, without it I wouldn't even have known the motors had a choke. laff

Pedaled it, started it, got up to around WOT = smoooooth.