my first build!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by doublezo, Jun 27, 2009.

1. doublezo

doublezo New Member

i just wanted to share a pic of my first build. ive learned a lot from this site, thanks. some of the best things that i did are using a different tensioner, different exaust and a 36 tooth sprocket. also changed out alot of the hardware. now im waiting for my new clutch actuator from manic. also want to find a way to shorten the clutch and throttle cables. whatcha think? [​IMG]

#1 doublezo, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. dvddtz

dvddtz New Member

Looks great.How do you like that chain tensioner? I thought about getting one myself.Have fun.David usflg

3. doublezo

doublezo New Member

i love the chain tensioner. my chain hasnt fell off yet. i have the rear sprocket damn near perfect, but had alot of problems with the stock tensioner. maybe my chain is stretched , i dont know. get one , youll be happy.

4. RedB66

RedB66 New Member

You can shorten the clutch cable by cutting the housing to length (Your going to need an end cap) and then re-thread the cable and cut to length. You may be stuck with the length of the throttle cable unless you try something like Norm shows.YouTube - Shorten a Cable 2

5. city of angels

city of angels New Member

.shft.hi where to you get that tensioner it looks really good and by the way thats a nice looking ride

#5 city of angels, Jun 27, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2009
  6. doublezo

doublezo New Member

thanks for the video link! i guess there is a way to shorten cables. i bought the tensioner of ebay from boygofast i believe.

7. azbill

azbill Active Member

I thought livefast motors sold that one (tensioner)
    looks like theirs anyway :)