my black Op build

Discussion in 'Motorized Cruiser Bicycles' started by dudewalker3, Jun 13, 2010.

1. dudewalker3

dudewalker3 New Member

here is my completed project... too bad after the first ride i broke the pull start cable and spring...any ideas on where to get one?

Attached Files:

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Why not check the vendor you bought the engine from? That's where I'd start. By the way, nice looking bike. Congratulations and welcome to the forum.
    Just a word of advice: I'd secure the chain tensioner bracket to the chain stay in a way that will prevent it from loosening and rotating into your rear spokes.
    Tom

3. CoastalCruiser

CoastalCruiser New Member

I dig your crazy custom rear motor mount! Nice Bike.

4. Tim_B_172

Tim_B_172 New Member

I just bought one of those bikes, I can't wait to motorize it. I'm planing on making a fiberglass tank and adding fenders.

About the pull start, I've seen them on Ebay recently. I don't remember EXACTLY what I searched for, but try "bicycle engine" for a start.

5. junked

junked New Member

Nice looking bike. It looks like you could easily go without a chain tensioner.

6. beegould

beegould New Member

Great looking bike. I have the same and am having some trouble with it. How did you mount the rear sprocket? Mine is like this (from the hub out): metal plates, rubber spacer, spokes, rubber spacer, sprocket with dished side in. I tried it this way to get the proper alignment, but the outer rubber spacer won't allow the sprocket to go around the hub. Any pointers?

Thanks in advance.

7. Walt1976

Walt1976 New Member

8. kipharley

kipharley New Member

Nice looking bike OP rollers lend themselves very well to motorizing.How do you work the clutch?Pull start I think Pirate Cycles has them.Kip.

9. Walt1976

Walt1976 New Member

That is a cool bike, does anyone have any tips for building a bike with coaster brake?

10. kipharley

kipharley New Member

I have a suggestion,change it over to clincher brakes.Keep your coaster if you want.The more the better.Kip.