Motorized in East LA

GoldenMotor.com
From the moment I fully understood the concept of a motorized bicycle, I wanted to buy one. when I saw them on line years back, I wanted one in the garage. On the fact that something so small can get across town, I had to get one. I ended up building my own.

When I first looked into it, there wasn't much info on it. No one had one and some people even got angry at the mention of them. I feel the anger. It's a bicycle. I'm over it.

I also have gratitude for the practical situations these stallions are able to cross. I built a chopper (2010 Slam) .shft. and a mountain bike (2010 Mosh).flg.. I've all ready put over 120 miles on each.

Don Grube is awesome. There is a lot of very accurate history on the internet. This has been a really fun learning experience.

I am surprised that so many people see this as a hope for this coming century, when it was the hope of the last century. I'm lucky and I'm glad to be alive.

Motorized bicycles can be made reliable.

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
hay i see your in L A . iam in O C .and new to this sort of . I had one 10 years ago but everythings changed . I want too build another but do it nice not too way out but nice so any advice on the best kit to start off with ??? and who sells to cali ? I found 1 raw kit for $225 but dont know if the raws are good ? how about the gt5 grubee ? any help is apperated and I am not to hip to this computer thing eather so any info on how to use this site is help full to ! thanx

Hey Riff,

There's a lot of info about the other motors and kits. I bought the California 2 horse power 48cc Grubee Clone (yes, the communist government of China may not like competition, but they like fast machines don't they) from Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors (also on Ebay).

Jim at Live Fast Motors - Gas Motorized Bicycles and Gas Powered Bicycle Motors has been doing it for a long time. He's good at it. He's knows his stuff. I may try a local guy at some point. I prefer to go local on most stuff. I try to buy American when possible.

There's a few guys on craigslist: atlanta classifieds for jobs, apartments, personals, for sale, services, community, and events. I use craigslist. It's been good.

As far as getting started with an engine? I'd say a new one. What you are planing on doing with your bicycle is always good to keep in mind. When buying a motor. There are a lot of threads loaded on info and maintenance stuff on here.

Individuality is part of being a human. There are a lot of performance options available on line. It is amazing how light weight it all is. I have tired my luck through the streets of Los Angeles and East Los Angeles. A lot of people like these bicycles.

Right now, I'm more interested in maintenance and reliability. I'm still only breaking in the engines passed 20 miles an hour. I am enjoying every moment.

I hope the links help, Riff.

(I'm not sure why the CL link is on atlanta, but there is one for OC as well).

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
yes reliability is good and yes a new kit but i see so maney raw gurbee black stalion ect ! so maney kits so little time ok thank you !!!!

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
From the moment I fully understood the concept of a motorized bicycle, I wanted to buy one. when I saw them on line years back, I wanted one in the garage. On the fact that something so small can get across town, I had to get one. I ended up building my own.

When I first looked into it, there wasn't much info on it. No one had one and some people even got angry at the mention of them. I feel the anger. It's a bicycle. I'm over it.

I also have gratitude for the practical situations these stallions are able to cross. I built a chopper (2010 Slam) .shft. and a mountain bike (2010 Mosh).flg.. I've all ready put over 120 miles on each.

Don Grube is awesome. There is a lot of very accurate history on the internet. This has been a really fun learning experience.

I am surprised that so many people see this as a hope for this coming century, when it was the hope of the last century. I'm lucky and I'm glad to be alive.

Motorized bicycles can be made reliable.
hay i see your in L A . iam in O C .and new to this sort of . I had one 10 years ago but everythings changed . I want too build another but do it nice not too way out but nice so any advice on the best kit to start off with ??? and who sells to cali ? I found 1 raw kit for $225 but dont know if the raws are good ? how about the gt5 grubee ? any help is apperated and I am not to hip to this computer thing eather so any info on how to use this site is help full to ! thanx
Welcome to the forum wyldstallions, we got the same attitude.

riff44raff, I've been very happy with my 48cc kit from Zoom Bicycles.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Welcome! Glad you could join.
This is a great forum, all of your questions can be asked.
But please, for the sake of keeping to forum un-crowded, please search before you ask a question (ex: How to break in a kit, Engine not starting, ect ect). Then if you still have a question, feel free to post it on that thread.

Thanks and Enjoy this great community!

Sam