Motor came in pieces?

GoldenMotor.com

Chitty

Jun 3, 2008
Souris Manitoba Canada
I am installing a kit for a friend from zoombicycles. It came with the top end of the motor not assembled. In the bag of parts there is only 1 G clip. My understanding is that there should be 2 clips. Am I right or is 1 clip enough. I would like to get started with this, but don't want to waste my time if it has to be sent back. Thanks all.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
The vendor will probably send you the clip, I've dealt with a few wrong items and suppliers will work with you most of the time.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
this is a situation I really hate - over the years, I've spent a LOT of time dragging tiny magnets around to be sure a missing part didn't fall into the motor & hide under the crank cheeks

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yeah... I would make SURE that other clip didnt fall into the engine during shipping, much better to find it and be sure it isn't inside the engine Before you put it together. It's possible that they just sent you one clip by accident, but there's always the chance it's in there somewhere and better to find it now than after it ruins your engine if it's in there... Flashlights, dental mirrors, magnets, and compressed air are all your friends in situations like this...

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
NEVER, NEVER, NEVER even look at that arrow - look for the piston's locating pins for the rings and always put them nearest the intake port