Motor-bike durability??

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Arnold Layne, Dec 3, 2010.

1. Arnold Layne

Arnold Layne New Member

Hi everyone, my first post. I could not stand the curiousity any longer so I bought a BGF kit on E-bay. So far it is a gas to ride, have ridden it more often this fall than my old Electra-Glide. My question is how far have you guys ridden these things? I'm only at about three hundred miles. I was quite surprised to find a website for these little devils. Too Cool!

2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

Welcome to the forum... These engines can last for years if you take care of them! (no promises tho...) :rolleyes:

3. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Yea - Venice has a point, there's a large amount of "randomness" when it comes to the quality of these lil motors, but having said that I've roughly 10,000 miles so far between two different builds & both of those are the lil Chinese two stroke kits... So odds are if it's not a "dud" and ya treat it right, you'll get plenty more out of 'em than ya put into 'em lol

Welcome to the place BTW ;)

#3 BarelyAWake, Dec 3, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  4. cory151

cory151 Member

I almost wish I had put an odometer of some type on both of my bikes so I can keep track of my mileage, for this reason.

5. glennbo

glennbo Member

2000 strong on my first build
    glenn dnut