Motor Assisted Bicycle Hall of fame

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Velodrome, Aug 16, 2012.

1. Velodrome

Velodrome Active Member

? motorized bicycle HALL OF FAME ? Just a thought. A place to document outstanding achevemnts and truly steller builds or actions buy motorbicyclists. Example: In the boardtrack section we have sportscarpat who just clamed the world record Bonniville salt flats speed for 175cc bicycle class. Also Dave31, Motorbicycleracing and Bardco for initiating and expanding a whole new ( or renewed from the 1920's ) form of motorbicycle racing Starting with continuations of the old Death Race to the newest venues in SoCal. Perhaps restrict this subsection to threads from mods and admin or apointed group after filtering and expanding existing or new threads. Discuss:

#1 Velodrome, Aug 16, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 16, 2012
  2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Ahhhh, Velo, you're just hoping someone will nominate that pretty green machine you just built. :)

Seriously, lets let your idea stew for a while and see what others might think. Personally I like it, but I'm just an underpaid peon.

The MotorBicycling Hall of Fame...has a nice ring to it, me thinks.
    Tom

3. Velodrome

Velodrome Active Member

Heh! Thanks Tom but I think my build and ones like it would / should be disqualified. I assembeled my bike out of parts I did not make but bought and sometimes modified. Im thinking of builds where most if not all is fabricated by the maker. Lurker's Vekst, Rebuilder's Flying Merkel. Dan Orabona's anything he built...and for outside the box thinking. Like Silverbears 1950 Schwinn American Flyer with sidecar. A 1/3 Grumman canoe sidecar? Honestly...Boggles the mind.

4. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

I second this notion, but I propose that a vote from the citizens of this great forum should weigh heavily on the decisions of rank in the Hall of Fame.

5. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Sounds like a great idea Val.

Couldn't agree more GN. Think it should be 100% citizen vote.

6. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Sports hall of famers are chosen by sports writers. Should motor bike HOF'ers be chosen by Motorbicycling.com members? Should we disqualify nominees involved in betting on motorbike races, taking performance enhancing drugs or dog fighting? How many can be inducted each year?
    Seriously, a motorbike HOF sounds like a great idea.

7. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

if i'm "inducted," i don't want it to be because i host races. any idiot with money can do that...:)

i think i had the world's fastest china bike, though. gps'd with witnesses at 54mph, blew it up at 62!

8. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Wait, what? There's gonna be testing?

LOL

9. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Don't worry Dan......it will be written, not oral or urinary :D laff

dance1

10. skitchfish

skitchfish Member

As a ordinary regular novice member of your great community I nominate Norm as your first lifetime achievement hall of fame member. As you read thousands of pages of this forum you find that you heed the most advice from a select few. Not that the others are incompetent but rather what you learn that is successful always seems to come from a few true gurus. These Gurus should be honored.

Norms post and tutorials are the single best reference and weapon against my china girl. I believe thousands of other would agree. He should be honored and his bust cast in aluminum. LOL!

As i said there are select others but with fear of hurting others feelings for not being included i will not mention names. This is exactly the problem the hall of fame would have, jealousy, mockery, division, no credibility, you know the garbage like the Rock'n Roll hall of fame. It is a great idea but will need to be well thought out.

This is just my thoughts and musings.

Would Manic Mechanic be the Pete Rose of MB Hall of fame? His mechanical Drawings alone deserve accolade.

11. Velodrome

Velodrome Active Member

dance1 WILL PEE FOR FAME dance1

12. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I think we should find out who has the 'most posts' of all time, & induct them! laff

13. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

I'll add one more to my count...

#13 Bikeguy Joe, Aug 24, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 24, 2012
  14. bigbutterbean

bigbutterbean New Member

Let's not confuse "most" with "best"

15. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

There's no confusion in what I said at all... I said it as little joke, but seriously, there are a few guys here like Joe who have over 11,000 posts! That's a lot of time spent in front of a computer helping total strangers!

16. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Half of my posts are a joke.....so just divide by 2 :D

(Just in case ya haven't noticed ;) )

dnut