Miles per trip?

GoldenMotor.com

Chisox

Jun 17, 2013
Chicago
I'm deciding if it would be worth the effort. How many miles per trip? As in point a to b with out stopping? with a gas powered 49cc or higher motor?

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
Not sure what you mean exactly. I spent a couple of years tinkering, and changing things to get what I wanted, and that was largely born out of an almost life long mental illness over saving weight after the lengthy career I had road cycling, and when I had to carry the bikes up a flight of stairs-

but I'm too old and weary and busy otherwise to be much adventurous with the bikes and make exploring trips with the bikes- so I'm settled into the same basic urban pattern of use, which is usually a six mile plus round trip to the area where both Starbucks and Publix market reside-

I was really tempted to try for the beach last weekend here in Jacksonville- where I think I'm about 23 miles from the ocean and would have to cross one of the bridges over the St John's river here in town to get going out that way- I think the bikes would make the near 50 miles roundtrip, but I'd probably carry at least a couple of tubes, and it's still near the bus lines in case of total breakdown, I could lock it up and come back in the car hopinng it's still there.

I still may someday make the trip- but have a sleeping disorder that makes getting it together didfficult.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Ihave a 12-mile round trip to work. There are 18 traffic lights each way, and I stop @ all of them if they're red. It lowers my average speed greatly.

But it's still worth it TO ME, and I enjoy the ride.dance1

stephen1

Jun 6, 2013
Ferndale Michigan
ive got a 12mile ride to work and 12 mile ride back home with stop lights all the way both ways i need to time to see how it takes me to get there and get back will post the times soon

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
When school is out, it takes 20 minutes to get to work.xct2

When school starts, it takes 25 minutes.

When it rains, it takes 30 minutes.drn2

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I'm planning a 40 mile trip to Regina once I get a new front tire, I've run my 66cc dry in one long run before (trying to get a reading on my milage) and I ride WOT everywhere. So I dont think these bikes are really that unreliable. Except for stupid things I should have handled before hand, or my bike itself, it's been extremely reliable. But I also plan to have a friend leave an amount of time later that would put them in Regina at exactly the same time I would get there, so if I do have a breakdown, I'd have a maximum of 20 minutes before they come along.

Last edited:

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
12 miles daily to and from work - pleasure rides probly another 30 or 40 miles weekly. I do long trips with others that eat up most of the day and total more than 30 mi non stop. My bike is surprisingly reliable. I'ld hop on anytime and go anywhere I wanted to go. I do have a rescue plan, my wife with the truck. I've needed rescue twice in the past 3 years. dance1Taken me 3 years to get it this way. I must have $1000 in my bike at this point.

Last edited:

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
Ditto to allen, but I'm not surprised that mine is reliable.

It's because of that Tanaka engine I use.:)

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I often ride a tank full, which is about 44 miles. That's half a gallon. A 30 mile ride is average for me.