Measuring miles

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by shanefer, Aug 26, 2009.

1. shanefer

shanefer New Member

Hey, I see a lot of you guys letting everyone know how many miles you have on your bikes. What are you guys using to measure this?

2. TerrontheSnake

TerrontheSnake New Member

Speedo/Computer like 10 bucks

3. shanefer

shanefer New Member

You want me to ride around in a $10 speedo?! That doesn't sound very safe, and I'll probably scare a lot of people.

4. TerrontheSnake

TerrontheSnake New Member

LoL, Nice..Umm Schwinn makes a 10-12 dollar Speedometer and Computer plus there are many out there. Just Google Bike Computer

5. shanefer

shanefer New Member

Great idea. Thanks a lot!

6. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Snork, snork snork. 2funny.

I get Schwinn wallyworld ones for around $10. I doubt they are perfectly accurate but close enough. One bad thing about having a speedo (not the banana-hammock kind) is you get really worried when one day your MB will only do "X" for speed and really excited when it will go "Y"

Here is a link but does not show the 10 dollar ones. dunno why. They do have them. Walmart.com: Platinum 15 Function Wireless Speedometer: Bikes, Scooters & Skates

7. city of angels

city of angels New Member

i got mine at usabikemotors.com for about 20. bucks plus taxand so far i have close to 600 miles on it

8. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

LOL Fair, me3. Speed and odometer is all about I can use. Dang clocks still blink at me like VCRs

15 functions and I use 2

9. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

I checked mine with my hand-held GPS (friend said his car was doing 30 when he was following me and the speedo said I was only doing 25 so I made sure) and it's dead on (+/- a few tenths) using the setting right out of the instructions.

10. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

Very kool Kev, TY. Have been planing to double check with a GPS but never got around to it. Great 2 know!

11. bandito

bandito New Member

I go by driving experience in my truck and guesstimate. Certain points around town I know how far it is from my house.