Looking for a product, 26" cruiser rear wheel with sprocket (no rag joint)

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by skyl4rk, Aug 21, 2010.

1. skyl4rk

skyl4rk New Member

Looking for a product, 26" cruiser rear wheel with mb drive sprocket (no rag joint)

Anyone know where I can buy a 26 rear wheel for a cruiser bike (single speed pedal sprocket and coaster brake) with a motorized bike drive sprocket connected to the wheel?

I have a wheel with the bolt on drive sprocket attached to the spokes with a rag joint and would like to get a wheel with a sprocket that is perfectly centered and solidly connected to the wheel. It could be connected to a disk brake disk, or ????.

it would be great if the sprocket had a freewheel so the bike could coast without turning the motor, but I expect that might be too much to ask for.

[​IMG]

#1 skyl4rk, Aug 21, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  2. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

3. skyl4rk

skyl4rk New Member

Anybody know where I can get a cruiser bike rear wheel with a disk brake that will work with those sprockets?

4. Nashville Kat

Nashville Kat Active Member

I have a 700 C wheel with a flip/flop hub- fixed gear on one side freewheel on the other-

I think it's one of the best solutions available- the hub is high flange- the motor sprocket has six inner holes- like the disk brake configuration- many newer sprokets have both drillings- for the rag and for the disk brake.

the diameter of the motor sprocket fits the flange on the hub exactly, but is not threaded or locked
    - then all that was needed was to drill the high flange hub- and the alloy drills easily-

just six smaller length 10mm bolts and nuts- the lightest setup out there!

of course you have to have handbrakes and you'd have to build it 26". A longer BMX handbrake works sometimes and is not expensive- give me good handbrakes anyday!

but have a dual lever!

#4 Nashville Kat, Aug 25, 2010
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2010
  5. Tacomancini

Tacomancini Member

Do you have a pic of that?

6. skyl4rk

skyl4rk New Member

7. Kevlarr

Kevlarr New Member

8. MaxPower

MaxPower New Member

9. Catfisher

Catfisher New Member

Staton Inc. has just redesigned their website, but I'm sure they have the wheel you need. Call Doug Staton, phone # is on his website. Very honest, knowledgable people.

Home