Leonard from Az.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Leonard, Oct 22, 2009.

1. Leonard

Leonard New Member

Hey, everyone! I'd really like to fix myself up with one of these bikes but don't know where to begin. In my research I see there's so much to chose from. I've found everything from engine kits for $109.00 to fully assembled bikes for $675.00. Should I go oil & gas mix or straight gas? I've got a Trek 820 MB and really like the oversize frame and think it would be a nice bike to install a kit on. But I'm overwhelmed by all the choices out there. I don't want to get something cheap that's going to be nothing but headaches, at the same time I don't want to spend $100's more than needed on account of my lack of knowleged. I sure would appreciate any reccomondations and or advice. Thanks!

Awesome sight just what I needed!

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Leonard, welcome to the best motorized bicycle forum on the net.

I hope this thread will help you decide if you would like to go 2-stroke or 4-stroke
    http://motorbicycling.com/f31/2-stroke-vs-4-stroke-7406.html

I have never used a four stroke so I really couldn't give any advice weather it's better then the 2-stroke kits. I do have well over 8,000 miles on my motor and have had little problems with it.

3. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome from FH :)

4. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

lol - you sound like a 4stroke kinda guy, I check 'em out. They're a lil pricey but may be worth it for what you want...

ofc I've a 2smoker meself heh

Welcome to the place!

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I got a 2 stroke because I had experience with them from riding dirt bikes.