L4 Kickstand

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by jMrL, Mar 30, 2016.

1. jMrL

jMrL New Member

I have been browsing for bike stands, and All seem really bulky and expensive, I seen on the forum one that could be used as a stand and a kickstand.

Here is the link. Im just asking where i could get one of these. ( this is BarelyAWake 's bike )

[​IMG]

Thanks!

2. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

I just posted this pic a little bit ago (sorry)but if you can weld or even pay someone to. this one was about $15 in materials. [​IMG]

3. Agreen

Agreen Member

Now I know what my next project is. What do you use to secure it up whle riding?

Also, what did you use as a sheave? Is that a 20" rim with bolts and washers holding it on?

4. chainmaker

chainmaker New Member

I just bent up a 3/4 in. strip of 16ga. into a catch that attaches to the fender. (Google drop stand clip or catch) and the shelves is a whizzer shelves attached with Briggs control cable clips. You can find the channel steel for the stand at home depot,

5. jMrL

jMrL New Member

:( I have no access to a welder at all. Soon i will be buying one, Ive had a few hours experience with one. I might start looking on craigslist for a used one :)

Any other input on where to get a double kickstand is great! Self made are always welcome too. It will give me something to speed up the process of getting this welder

6. Agreen

Agreen Member

Thanks chainmaker. I searched google and now i have every bit of inspiration needed to make one as awesome as yours!

jMrL, you can get a decent flux core welder from harbor freight for about $100. They work good enough for most hobbyists. I have a $600 lincoln that's lasted over 12 years so far and is still chuggin along. Not sure about how long the hf will last, but i have heard good things.

7. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

8. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

I didn't know the L-4 needed a kickstand. They usually have training wheels :)

Tom

Attached Files: