K&S Bike Machine, 1970's friction drive w/ no mounting hardware

GoldenMotor.com

WoodyFlorida

Sep 11, 2012
West Florida
I found this very cool friction drive motor on C.L. Starts one pull, great condition but the mounting hardware on the bike side is missing, unfortunately. I have found some photos and a little info but i could really use some photos of the missing parts I have to reproduce. Does anyone own one of these, or know something about it? I found the owners manual online but the images were not much help. I have to get this thing fixed it would be so cool if i could find an old banana seat stingray. Thanks

WoodyFlorida

Sep 11, 2012
West Florida
There is one on ebay that has some pictures. Not sure if this will be enough to help.
Thank you the motor on eBay had several photos with views I had not found yet. I think I have the front and left mount mostly figured out. But there is supposed to be a pipe running across the back I don't have. I was hoping that someone had one and could tell me what it is for. If it is just to protect the motor when you lean it against a wall I could do without. Also I have not noticed a right hand mount in photos, am I correct in assuming there is not one? I am pretty happy with my new toy and can not wait to get on the road.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Did you ever get it figured out? I have one,and there is just a U shaped mount on the front( like a old car generator bracket ) and a plate that goes under the seat stays with bolts that clamp it to the stays.
The tube on the back is ( was just a aluminum tube that did nothing but hold a spring,and as you say a leaning post....awesome little motor............Curt

Last edited:

WoodyFlorida

Sep 11, 2012
West Florida
Thanks. I saw an old post you made about your motor and i was hoping you might see this. I made my mounting hardware as best I could from the photos I found but I don't think I have it right. I did get my bike machine mounted and i have been riding a lot but it would be nice if you could look it over and maybe fill me in some. It is a great little motor, the thing revs like a chainsaw. I will start a thread to share my photos.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
The previous owner boggerd up the gas tank on mine but mounted a different one on it.
I found that the clamp on the seat stays seemed to get lose and the motor turns some. so my thoughts would be to find a aluminum piece and fit in the triangle area of the seat stays then drill holes and sandwitch it all together.
I have not done much with mine for a while but have made a full suspension bike for it with a seperate motor mount that will swing with the rear wheel as it goes up and down.
PM me your email and i can send you some pictures.............Curt

woogie1

Apr 30, 2017
north caolina
Thank you the motor on eBay had several photos with views I had not found yet. I think I have the front and left mount mostly figured out. But there is supposed to be a pipe running across the back I don't have. I was hoping that someone had one and could tell me what it is for. If it is just to protect the motor when you lean it against a wall I could do without. Also I have not noticed a right hand mount in photos, am I correct in assuming there is not one? I am pretty happy with my new toy and can not wait to get on the road.
I have it all , just cant get spark mount and all, you wanna buy it, this is a heavy duty bike mount, not giving it away 386 414 3731