Just an other newbe needing help

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by vtbubba, Oct 24, 2011.

1. vtbubba

vtbubba New Member

Hello from sometime sunny Florida. I am looking for someone in my area that has experience in motor bike building. ( Lake Helen, FL 15 miles south of Daytona) My friend and I both have Grubee , 66cc motor kits and I have a Schwin Delmar. My motor bike is about 95 % complete. My friend ( who has built motor bike before ) is no longer in the state. Other than changing a bike tire or the oil in a lawn mower, I have no clue as to what the heck I am doing. I would love to learn , Thank you for any help. Bubba:-||

2. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

Welcome, Bubba, you've found the right place.

When you say your build is 95%, what's done and what's the other 5%? The more you tell us, the more helpful we can be.

3. vtbubba

vtbubba New Member

I am working on 2 better wheels ,brakes and anything else that would have to be done before I fire the motor. I work for myself so crashing do to lack of experience is not an option .

4. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

Ah, excellent idea. Stopping can be more important than going sometimes. ;)

5. vtbubba

vtbubba New Member

Lol I hate gravity. I really want to learn. I would like to build one on my own. I] see bikes at the flea market all the time, and can’t help thinking how good a motor would be on it.

6. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

heh heh heh... yep, you're one of us now..... ;)

7. GearNut

GearNut Active Member

Share some pictures of your build if you can. If we can see what you have to deal with we can better recommend upgrades and solutions.
    If you don't have a way to share photos, if possible, find some sales brochure pictures on the 'net of your bike. That can sometimes help as well.