I think I like this seat. Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Nougat, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Nougat

Nougat New Member

vespa ciao spring style single seat - black

It's got the right size seat post for my Landmark frame. Anybody using a seat like this? I have to think a moped seat is going to be sturdier than the bicycle seats that I have bent two of now.

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Wow, Noug, that looks good but what happens if the spring bottoms out? It doesn't say what the load limit is but a heavy rider might be sitting on the seat tube without benefit of springs. Just a thought cause I don't know what you weigh. If you're a skinny, like me, it might be perfect.
    Tom

3. Nougat

Nougat New Member

I'm 215# now, down from 235# earlier this year. From what I can tell, a lot of the Vespa mopeds that these are designed for are hardtails. Some appear to have a spring at the bottom of the seatpost instead of a sprung seat. My limited exposure to mopeds suggests that their seats (generally) are more like motorcycle seats and less like bicycle seats. Mopeds are built from the beginning for 25-30MPH, rather than being modified up to that speed.

I think when I get a little more money in the bank, I'll "spring" for one.

4. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Cool. Let us know how it works. With no natural cushioning I'm always interested in a softer ride.
    Tom

5. curtisfox

curtisfox Well-Known Member

One AWESOME seat can't waite to see how it works for you

6. WildAlaskan

WildAlaskan New Member

Schwinn No Pressure Bike Seat

ive been using this seat for a while now and have had no problems i have a hardtail and weigh at least 220 although i do stand up on bumps mine is the same design but a better material and there are no springs in the seat its not very good for peddaling but works great for riding around on

7. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

It looks like that seat might be real nice on a MB... Let us know how it works! (^)