I got a new toy recently!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by moosinatrix, Nov 4, 2009.

1. moosinatrix

moosinatrix New Member

i bought this Mini Chopper from craigslist the other day for a hundred bucks. when i got it it had no breaks needed a carb rebuild, didn't shift, and various other little things. anyways it shifts now and i cleaned the carb out decently but it still runs a little funny. anyways im planning on restoring it and modding it with a bigger engine.

as far as i know these are the specs.

49cc (thats what itt feels like anyways tops out around 40-45mph)
    4 speed semi auto transmission ( 4 down, does great in first 3 gear but seems like 4th is a bit to long.)
    head light only
    front and rear hydraulic disc brakes
    front suspension and mono shock suspension rear
    electric and kick start
    horn & key ignition
    12v battery, i think it charges off the stator and igniter but not sure since it doesnt hold a charge

problem is i cant track down a make and model for it.
    say Terminator on the crank case and there are numbers on the engine that say hs1939fmb, 05041926
    i tried google all such info and cant find any info on this bike. i did find parts that seem to fit this bike but i would like to know for sure before i buy anu thing for it.

can anyone help??

PS will post pics soon!

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Seems like there might be a LOT out there fer yer lil chopper, but w/o pics I can't tell fosho - try 'Google Product Search' for stuff like yer bike instead of regular ol' Google, helps narrow down the hits a bit ;)

Mini Chopper Terminator - Google Product Search

3. pedro5189

pedro5189 New Member

are you sure its a 49cc, i would guess at it being a 110cc lifan

Sterling Motors

4. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Lifans' come in a lot of sizes, all rough copies of the Honda Elite 150cc scooter it was copied from.

Same china "quality". Only "better".

5. pedro5189

pedro5189 New Member

the 49cc lifans are a 3 speed though, and the 110cc variation seems to be the most common so it was just a calculated guesstimate

6. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Right on.

7. moosinatrix

moosinatrix New Member

if it was a 110cc i think it would go a little faster then 40. and when i put it in 4th the motor bogs cuz not enough trque to drive it. Ive heen on a littl honda 80cc dirt bike that could do 60 easily. and yeah i looked at the lifans, they are pretty nice.