I finally stopped my engine 4 stroking!

GoldenMotor.com

motorized kodiak

Aug 3, 2013
australia
Hey everyone, so my bike was four stroking for about 3 years, i finally decided to change that so i went out and got a nt speed carb, (i had an rt dax carb) and put the setting to the leanest on the needle and it finally stopped. it goes so much faster now!

borntofli

Jul 27, 2012
tx
The speed carb worked great for me when i had 2 smokes..... No matter what jets i had in the reg nt carb it was either too lean or too rich.... no sweet spot... The speed dialed in easily and ran till the bike rusted out from under me...... Go to 4 stroke and you wont have any of those probs to solve.......

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
I'm a big fan of the standard NT. Great performance and utter simplicity. dialed down from a CNS3 to NT Speed to NT. I first used a Standard NT out of desperation: my NT Speed's banjo-bolt fitting leaked so badly, I was forced to use a shrink-wrapped NT I had kicking around that had come with a spare kit I bought. When tuned properly, it is VERY satisfying & gives better MPG.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I haven't tried the new speed carbs, but turned down a nice offer on 40mm crank kits because they came with new speeds. They may run OK now, but the new fuel pipe sticks straight out the side, which makes dragging upstairs or past thick shrubbery harder, and they still use the red air filters that turn shocking pink after a few weeks in the sunlight.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I concur on the standard NT carb.. Very simple and it can still perform... I like it better than the CNS I spent 3 times as much for... For the Speed carb... they're ok, but that built in fuel valve is a really poor design and it kept fouling my main jet with rubber particles