How to eliminate gas/oil mixing

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by Prasinos, Dec 14, 2009.

1. Prasinos

Prasinos New Member

hey fellas, what mods would have to be done to allow me to add pure gasoline into the tank? Would it be difficult to add an oil injection system?

2. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

o_O ...good question

I suppose one could be adapted from an existing setup, but to be honest that's one labor saving device I simply can't trust.

Should be interesting to see what people come up with tho (^)

3. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

I kinda look at it like this, you'll be doing 100+ hours of R&D + cost of parts, just to save yourself the 10 seconds it takes to shake some gas!

4. Prasinos

Prasinos New Member

so its pretty difficult... Id still be interested in how the systems work anyways.

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

It's easy, buy a four stroke.

6. Nougat

Nougat New Member

The oil injection on my Yamaha has an oil pump that's driven by a gear on the crankshaft, and drips oil directly on the crank bearing.

It would be possible to add oil injection to an HT, but in doing so, you would essentially be redesigning the crankshaft and engine case.

7. Venice Motor Bikes

Venice Motor Bikes Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles

DING DING DING DING!!! We have the correct answer!! (^)

8. Egor

Egor New Member

The tank and the injection line would be easy, the pump would be the ketch. I added one to a Honda CR engine is was running in a Trail bike. The pump runs off the crank with a gear, could be done with a small belt. The throttle cable has two pulls one goes to the carb and the other goes to the pump. The pump has to be adjusted all the while as engine changes speed and throttle position. It is simple to just add oil to the gas but with the injector it seems like you never need to fill the tank with oil, it lasts forever. Could be done but I don't think it would justify all the work to install. Have fun, Dave