Hi!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Biker14, Aug 14, 2010.

1. Biker14

Biker14 New Member

Just want to say hi! Already made my first post, but figured I should post here. I'm 14, and I want to build a motorbike so bad. I'm just waiting to find a bike! When I start building, I'll post pics!

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Biker14, Welcome! We are glad you joined us.

You have come to the right place, have any questions just ask. We have great members just waiting to give a helping hand.

dnut

3. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Howdy Biker welcome to the forum! This place is just loaded with info that taps into the imagination. Tons of innovative folks here . Your gonna love it!

4. Biker14

Biker14 New Member

Yeah, I've been stalking the forums for a while even after I signed up. I've looked at a lot of posts, so I figure I'll have some of the best minds showing me how it's done! :)

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I think you will need your drivers license to to ride a motorbike on the road in the Peach State, so plan an off-road build for now.
    These machines are far cheaper than a quad or dual purpose motorcycle, and you learn a lot during the build.
    With a used bike in good shape, you can build a 2 stroke bike for under $250 if you shop carefully.

6. Biker14

Biker14 New Member

Well, I've got a 31cc engine, and I figure as long as I can still pedal, I'll be fine. Just to be safe, though, I'm just gonna stay on my road, where I know everybody, and the motorvehicle section of the canal trail.

7. SAYNONOW

SAYNONOW New Member

Awesome! Keep a constant check on craigslist.org and local garage sales for the good deals. You can get a good mtn. bike for $25 dollars if you shop around. Good Luck!