Hi, looking for some advice :-)

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by suzie, Sep 12, 2010.

1. suzie

suzie New Member

Hi Everybody,

My friends just purchased me a Skyhawk Gt5 66cc engine kit from Bike Berry for my birthday, :). My question is what type of bike is best for this motor kit? I was looking at cruiser bikes from Walmart. I can't spend alot because I have limited funds. I now have a mountain bike, but I know the frame is too small. I saw the men's 26 inch Ocean Pacific, is that the style I need? Thank you so much for any suggestions, this is all new to me. Thanks Again!! dance1

2. Creative Engineering

Where in Florida?

Jim

3. killercanuck

killercanuck New Member

You could check your local paper, or Craigslist/Kijijji, you'd get more for your money. Remember, even if you have to settle for a cheapy bike now, that doesn't mean you can't save up for something you really like and swap the kit onto it later on.

Grats on the level-up btw, good friends you have there ;)

4. Nougat

Nougat New Member

If you're going to get a cheap cruiser brand new, do yourself a favor and shop for one that has front and rear vbrakes instead of just a coaster. You'll have less hassle with installing the sprocket, and you'll have decent brakes.

As mentioned, craigslist is also good for finding a platform used. Don't forget Goodwill, Salvation Army, or your local police auctions.

5. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

6. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

Welcome to the forum, Suzy. Let us know what you find and then ask anything you want. Great bunch of people here. You're going to have a whole lot of fun with your motorbike!
    SB

7. suzie

suzie New Member

Thanks alot guys!!

8. r00t4rd3d

r00t4rd3d New Member

Make your life alittle easier and get something with a 1 inch seat tube and 1 inch down tube.

[​IMG]

#8 r00t4rd3d, Sep 12, 2010
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2010