Hi all! Motorbycyclist enthusiast from NY!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by wade garrett, Apr 2, 2013.

1. wade garrett

wade garrett New Member

Hi guys, glad I found this site. I was just on vacation in Costa Rica where I bought a beach cruiser moto. It is now being sold and I am back home in NY. Unfortunately I have found out that NY is the only state in the US where I cannot ride these things! Darn it!!

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Hello Wade, welcome to the forum.

3. paul

paul Active Member

hello wade. i think they allow electric motorized bicycles in NY. it might be worth checking into. great to have you with us

4. wade garrett

wade garrett New Member

Thanks for the warm welcome- this site looks great! I look forward to checking in often!

5. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. Electric bikes are getting better range these days with the LiPo batteries and you can store them indoors. I think they are worth considering.

6. 577-Jersey

577-Jersey New Member

No guns,,no motorized bicycles time to move out...lol...alot of grey area with these bikes,,they are bicycles,,you cant register or title a bicycle,,i would just ride it and ghost pedal past cops,,or kill the motor,,they probably wont even recognize you,,these motorized bicycle don't go that fast unless your WOT or have a 36t on the back,,just cruise around and enjoy yourself,,play stupid when and if they wheel you,,at the end of the day its just a bicycle bro...BTW-electric is boring,,you don't want to do that,,there is nothing like the smell of castor oil as it sticks to your nose hairs first thing in the morning.JMO

#6 577-Jersey, Apr 6, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 6, 2013
  7. wade garrett

wade garrett New Member

LOL! Yeah if worse comes to worse, I will just ride without registering- I called the local police department and asked about the laws regarding these bikes and the officer told me he didn't know. Yeah, I don't want to go the electric route, gas is too much fun. auflg

8. miked826

miked826 New Member

New York New York! It's a wonderful state! Unless you're on a gas bike, then you "are subject to arrest", as I saw on the NY DMV website. No large sodas or gas bikes. Straight to jail, do not pass Go, do not collect $200. LOL