Hey from Manitoba!

GoldenMotor.com

Trigger7

Sep 6, 2009
Morden, Manitoba
Hi there,
I have been thinking of putting a motor on my Cruiser type pedal bike, and just found this forum today.
If anyone can tell me what the Manitoba regulations are in this regard, I would appreciate it.
Is anything bigger than a 49cc allowed?
Would I have to wear a helmet?
Would I need a license, and anything else you can tell me about the rules?
I have not purchased my motor kit yet, so if you have any recommendations, I will be happy to learn.
Thanks for now,
Wilfcvlt1

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hello Wilf,
Welcome to the forum. You've come to the right place. I'm a neighbor of sorts from northeastern Minnesota... almost Canada. By the crow's flight the border is about 30 miles away. Can't help you with regulations there but I can say that a helmet is a good idea for a motorbicycle regardless of regulations. I wear one, for sure. A cruiser frame is a good choice for a motor.. In my opinion the wider the tire the better and the old frames are stronger than the newer ones. Go ahead and put a motor on your bike... you're in for a whole lot of fun, but be forewarned: one motorbicycle leads to two and then maybe a third one. And be prepared for a lot of admiring looks from little kids to kids with grey beards. It's kind of funny that you can park next to a many thousand dollar Harley and the attention goes to the cool motorbicycle with the cheap little 2 stroke motor. Good folks here.
Silverbear

bbb

Sep 2, 2008
S Man Canada
I am 7 miles east...49cc max, no license needed, helmet depends on interpretation and on who is on duty.

News update:
According to an article in this weeks local paper it looks like things have changed...NO GAS POWERED BIKES...only electric (500w max) and a ''proper helmet''?

Last edited:

Sirkus6

Jun 5, 2012
Winnipeg
Hey, I'm also new to this forum today. Just wondering were I can find a gas powered motor kit for a cruiser bike in Winnipeg.