Hello to all from S E Michigan

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Wicked Whizzer, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Wicked Whizzer

Wicked Whizzer New Member

Hi all my real name is Dean and I just bought a few bikes from a Friend of mine today and I found this site from Googling Whizzer. He had these bikes for years.This is a cool website. I bought a 1948 Western Flyer Bike with a 1949 Whizzer Sportsman 300 series engine with the kicker set up. It is in real good shape. The only thing missing is the carb. I have not decided what to do with it yet. I really like the other bike also. It is a 1939 Western Flyer with a Springer front end. It has swooped or curved fender brackets and rear swing arm for the rear wheels it looks ultra cool. I was thinking about switching the motor to the older frame just for the looks. The motor is not froze and has good comp. Also will it be worth restoring I do not want to have more into it than it is worth. I restore and build 60's and 70's muscle cars and I am into the 1964 to 1986 Ruttman Mini Bikes also. This is a new venture for me and I would like to do this one bike and meet some new people on here.

Sincerely,
    Dean

2. paul

paul Active Member

hi dean and welcome to the forum. wait till your third post and you can post pictures then and i know all of us on the forum would love to see them. those are some sweet rides. glad to have you with us. i am from kalamazoo mi but moved to the caribbean a year ago, got sick of them nasty winters

3. BarelyAWake

BarelyAWake New Member

Welcome Wicked!

Sounds like ya got some beautiful ol' bikes! I for one can't wait to see 'em.

Good ta have ya here :D

4. rkorson4209

rkorson4209 New Member

I wanna see pics so bad, those sound sweet.

5. butchl

butchl Member

Welcome Wicked: I'm in SE michigan too. Got a 1945 Simplex I'm messing with when I'm not working on my T-Bucket.

6. RecycleBill

RecycleBill New Member

welcome to the fray