Hello From P.E.I.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Tony G., Nov 27, 2011.

1. Tony G.

Tony G. New Member

Hello my name is Tony and this is my first post ! I live in Prince Edward Island and there is so much open space here that i thought this would be a perfect place for a motorize bicycle ! My question is i have a Raleign Matterhorn mountain bike . Would it be possible to mount a 80cc engine on this type of bike ? or would i need a different kind ? Thanks alot in advance ! Tony G.

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

Welcome to the forum. I think we would need a pic to determine that. Best bikes for a first build are usually steel framed mountain bikes and cruisers.

3. Tony G.

Tony G. New Member

Hi Wheelbender6 here's a photo of the bike i like to motorize !
    [​IMG]

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Active Member

I think a China girl will fit in the frame of your Raleigh. A Honda GX50 or a clone of it may not. You may need an oversized front engine mount for the China girl if your Raleigh is aluminum.
    Below is a link to a China girl motor template provided by Dave31. He gives you one dimension so you should be able to figure the other dimensions using ratios.
    http://motorbicycling.com/f30/engine-template-motorized-bicycle-25074.html#post232131

5. CTripps

CTripps Active Member

As long as you have 15" on the seat tube you should be fine. That looks like a perfect victim, er, candidate for motorizing. You may have to go with the oversize frame mount/adapter for the front mount but that should be easy.

Looking forward to seeing it when it's ready to ride.