Hello From Indianapolis

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Mick Gregory, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Mick Gregory

Mick Gregory New Member

Hi folks

I've had a Murray Westport for a while which is nice for riding around the neighbourhood. A couple of weeks ago I picked up another Westport really cheap. I'm half way through rebuilding it. Lots of loose spokes and warped wheels. I've never had to true up wheels before.

Anyway, I don't need 2 of them so I figure I'll put a motor in the new one. Never done that before. I scanned through this forum and it sounds like beach cruisers are good for motorising.

Since I don't know anything about motor kits for bikes I will spend some time here and try to pick up some knowledge. Anyone got any suggestions for a good motor for a Murray cruiser?

cheers Mick

2. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

After three posts you can upload a picture which will help those of us unfamiliar with that bike. But looking at a picture can tell us a lot. Welcome to the forum.
    SB

3. ezdoesit

ezdoesit New Member

Welcome to the Forum.

4. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

Well, another Indy Biker! Hopefully, by Spring, I'll be back on the road and perhaps we'll run across one another. I plan to have my Higgins motorized and running by then. (Please don't ask about my other bike. Well, you can, but I'll likely just get started ranting.) I'm so glad not to be alone in Naptown.

5. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

Hey that's my birth place...yep. Left with family when I was 3 have not been back in 33 years. Time sure does fly...the older I get the faster it goes...creap-n on 49... Well anyways welcome to the fourm. Let me know if I can help.

CCC

#5 culvercityclassic, Dec 4, 2010
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2010