hello from Honduras,Central America

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by catracho, Dec 6, 2009.

1. catracho

catracho New Member

hello im catracho and im glad to be part of this site. in my country most of the states use bicycles for trasportation, due to the problem that gas in central America is too expensive. the small farmers that work on their lands use bikes to travel long distance, about 30 to 50 km per day. ill be glad and very grateful if you teach me how to built motored bikes, to help my people in Honduras.

2. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Greetings catracho. Glad to have you here! This is a great place with a wealth of knowledge. Check around here there are a lot of great ideas on this forum. Looking forward to seeing your builds! Feel free to ask questions.

3. catracho

catracho New Member

i have a mountain bike. what type of motor i have to use?

4. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Go with any the vender's here. bicycle engine kit, bike engine, bicycle engine, bicycle motor has a titan 4 stroke that is very reliable. It mounts over the rear tire. The china two stroke kits are do able and maybe the cheapest. Knowing the size and dimensions of your mountain bike would help with advice. China two strokes will not fit some of the smaller frames.

5. PaulBater

PaulBater New Member

Can you post a picture of your mountain bike? This is the only way we can tell if you're going to have problems mounting a motor.