Hello from Canada

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by MIK1989, Mar 2, 2012.

1. MIK1989

MIK1989 New Member

Hello everyone, new guy here. I am planning to build my first motorized bicycle. Always liked the cruiser look, so that is where I would like to start. Have done some research about what bikes and what engines are available, and being somewhat tall (6'4") I'm thinking about getting this bike: Firmstrong Chief http://www.beachbikes.net/index.php?p=product&id=917&parent=203, as for the engine I will probably go with 49cc 2 stroke.
    Now the question is, the bike has forward pedaling setup and the frame is not really a v shape, how would I be able to mount an engine? What are my options?

2. Dave31

Dave31 Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum MIK1989, glad you joined us.

If I was going to build a bike using that frame I would just fab up my own front mount.

3. Mannhouse51

Mannhouse51 New Member

Welcome ! Have fun with your build.

4. MIK1989

MIK1989 New Member

Thanks for welcoming!
    Does anyone know where I can actually buy that bicycle? I'm looking for the 7 speed model since it has both front and rear brakes. Searched online and most places are out of stock, the only place i found that has it is bikebuyers.com, but the reviews for that company are mixed.
    Also what's the best 49cc engine is out there? Where do you guys buy them?

5. fasteddy

fasteddy Well-Known Member

Welcome from British Columbia. For motors your best bet is to deal with the dealers displayed on the sides of the forum page.
    Enjoy your build.

Steve.