hello from australia

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by aussiedan, Feb 23, 2013.

1. aussiedan

aussiedan New Member

hi my names dan i live in adelaide south australia, i have built a few motorized bikes heres 2 im currently working on.they started out as vintage repco ladied bikes that i have modified,the blue one has a 49cc kit and the brown one has a 80cc kit i will post more pics when they are finished.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Dan

Dan Staff
    Staff Member

3. aussiedan

aussiedan New Member

thanks for the welcome mate,the fuel tanks were easier to make than i was expecting im thinking about making a cone for the rear of them to finish them off

4. LabRat

LabRat New Member

Tanks are great. What did they start as?

5. aussiedan

aussiedan New Member

thanks labrat they are fire extinguishers

6. Trey

Trey $50 Cruiser

Hello! Those tanks are nice.
    I recently came across an old aluminum Co2 cannister that I intend to do the same thing with. How are you getting petrol into those things?

7. Kioshk

Kioshk Active Member

I love the "mate" and "petrol" you guys dropped; making him feel right at home. Now how 'bout a slab of VB.

8. Trey

Trey $50 Cruiser

I'm inclined to call it mogas, but I can't remember why, hence; petrol:)

9. aussiedan

aussiedan New Member

haha it did make me feel at home but im a south aussie we drink west end draugh.about the tank i relocated the nozzle and made it the petrol cap

[​IMG]

10. zwebx

zwebx New Member

another aussie :) finally. im from melbourne

11. SpeedWizzard

SpeedWizzard New Member

nice bikes, im from perth

12. Trey

Trey $50 Cruiser

Fine job on the filler.
    Ill post my final result under 'The $50 Cruiser' whenever it get's done.

Are any of you gentlemen Irish by decent? We are there, we are here...:)

#12 Trey, Feb 26, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2013
  13. aussiedan

aussiedan New Member

trey yes i am of irish decent why do you ask?

i had some time to do some work on my bike i fitted the headlight,chain guard and old springer seat.i also replaced the front fender as the old one was twisted and rusty and i made an expansion chamber,top speed has gone from 55kph to 66kph

i got this bike for free from an elderly lady that owned it for the last 26 years here a before pic
    [​IMG]

and i got my engine kit new in the box in exchange for a welding job i done,out of all the kits i have done this has been the most trouble free everything has gone so smooth and it runs great.heres a pic of it ready to be stripped down and painted
    [​IMG]

14. Trey

Trey $50 Cruiser

Erie Go Braugh.
    I'm originally from Brockton Mass, the whole Yankee-Irish-Catholic thing:) I live in Montana now, and there is a large Irish population in Butte (different than east coast Irish). Realizing that got me into trying to pinpoint every Irishman on the planet! LOL Seriously, I'm just interested in who we are and how we live wherever we are.
    For example, I have red hair green eyes and a fine Celtic nose (grin)- so I'm not hiding in a crowd, and people tend to talk to me about being Irish. While driving a taxi, I met a real nice lady who was here on her first trip to the states from Perth. (She tipped me this bill!) She was surprised to see so many red-heads here, said there were more than at home.
    Maybe more than any other group, we are in every corner of the world. It's interesting how we are sometimes still treated differently.
    It's great to meet you, this site has so much to offer!

That bike looks good. Man, that's a bundle of cables! I bet that seat rides like a Cadillac. Keep us updated!

Attached Files:

15. SpAsTicJaX

SpAsTicJaX New Member

good to see another adelaide person!

16. silverbear

silverbear The Boy Who Never Grew Up

AussieDan
    Welcome to the forum. Nice re-purposing with the fire extinguisher and I like how you reversed the top downtube and the way the line continues to the axle... makes it look like it came that way. Has the lady seen what you have done with her old bicycle? What did she think?
    SB

17. Intrepid Wheelwoman

Intrepid Wheelwoman New Member

Welcome to the forum AussieDan. I'm a Kiwi girl myself and I've found this forum to be a wonderful place to meet like minded motorized bicycle folk and share ideas, learn new ways of doing bike related things and just plain shoot the breeze.

I really like your bikes and the clever way you reused the frame tube on the ladies frame to give it a vintage appearance.