Hello everybody, I've allready got some questions!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jerdeter, Sep 5, 2011.

Tags:
  1. jerdeter

jerdeter New Member

Hi, I'm new to this motorized bike community and I was wondering if there are any places on the internet other than the links attached around this website that sell some engine kits for less than $100. I'm sure the answer is going to be no but I'm trying to put together my first motorized bike for less than $200. This is because it is a learning experience for me and I'd like to figure out what these kits are all about before I put together a permanent ride. Also I'm wondering if anyone has put a motor on any of the stretch cruiser bikes that are out there such as the Phat Cycles, Phattitude Stretch bicycle. Any information on how to mount a bicycle motor onto one of these types of bicycle would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance for any assistance.

2. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Welcome to the forum. You've found the best place for help and answers to your questions.

Unfortunately the days of under $100 kits are probaly gone. They've been steadily increasing in price over the last year or so. There are a few still available on ebay for just over a hundred but beware that there are some disreputable sellers out there who will not stand behind their products. Our advice is always to look for a good seller instead of looking at the bottom line.

As for mounting on a stretch, here's where to start > Stretch Cruiser & Chopper Motorized Bicycles - Motorized Bicycle: Engine Kit Forum

Good luck, have fun.
    Tom

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman New Member

Welcome...Since you are new to MB's, may I suggest latching on to a bicycle that will fit as (has to be a 2 cycle $$$) with special frames you will run to (I think) more then you can bite off.

Here are some mounting ideas..

Engine Mounting pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Keep in mind a optimal "V" angle is 75 degrees.

Here is something that might help.
    Pre build and engine modifications.doc

It's just not buying one and throw it in a frame, unless that is if you want it to last. And for goodness sake... It took me about a total time of over 10 hours (spread over 2 days) to put this piece of work together. And I'm a experience mechanic. Yes there are some Ebay sellers I wouldn't buy a nail from.

[​IMG]Total cost just under $300.00 w/new bike. These are all with mods that I do or make.
    Mikes HT bike pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

#3 Al.Fisherman, Sep 5, 2011
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2011