has anyone had there spark plug come out while riding

GoldenMotor.com

will 3501

Jun 14, 2009
phoeinix
I replaced my cdi went to auto zone for oil riding along and spark plug came out. I guess it wasnt tightend all the way down. i reconnected the spark plug boot and will try to start in morning

Riding Rich

Aug 14, 2009
pa
After i removed my head gasket my spark plug started working loose ever so often.
Prolly the threads for the spark plug are a little on the large end of the tolorence

wjliebhauser

Oct 24, 2009
Boulder City, NV
If it keeps happening, you can try some hi-temp Loc-Tite. It's like crazy glue for threads. Be careful not to get carried away trying to keep it tight and tighten the plug so tight you strip out the threads in the head...then you have a real issue! Or another old trick, if it happens again (this one doesn't cost anything), take your plug, take a punch or chisel and hammer, and mess up the last couple of threads a little, the ones closest to the top of the plug. That will provide some additional locking friction when you tighten it against the threads in the head. Only do the top one ot two so you don't risk messing up any threads down in the head. This trick, though I admit a 'Grapes of Wrath' kind of ploy, will work on almost anything that keeps vibratng lose. And on these engines, there is plenty of vibration!

will 3501

Jun 14, 2009
phoeinix
thanks for the input all seems well engine seems fine its been very reliable for 8 months now, I got close to 2000mi on her smokes a little. but broken in well on my large frame GIANT RINCON