Has any one installed a 4-stroke in a Nerve Skulls

GoldenMotor.com

noco

Sep 9, 2009
fort collins colorado
why get a 4 stroke???just run your 2 stroke rich...it'll 4 stroke..hhahahaha....just kidding....i dont see any differences in mounting a 2 or 4 stroke...id just go for the increased power of the 2 stroke

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
4 stroke should fit in that! 4 strokes require a lttle more space than 2 strokes. Being much wider the motors need to fit just right (w/o a lot of fabrication) and the mounts that come w/ 'em are cactus!

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Just sayin' and not meaning to start a thing but a Honda or HS 50cc has far more power then stock 70cc 2 smokers. I am told the 50cc 2 stroke morini engines would eat either of those in a NY minute. Just saying. Truth be told, I much prefer the way my 2 bangers look but enjoy the feel and performance of my 4 banger. I only mention this because it seems common that folks think the 4s are less powerful and slower. The reverse is true. All stock and not pertaining to the really high end motors.

Terry Blow

Dealer & Custom Builder
Oct 29, 2009
Surrey B.C Canada
I read some where in this form or else where you need 18.5 inches from the crank to the top tube for a 4-stroke is that a bunch of BS because I can get this bike for around $400.00 cdn at a local bike shop they list for $570.00 USD plus shipping and handling.
Why a four stroke they look better sound better and have more tork if that was not true you would have a 2-stroke in the car you drive every day

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I half heartedly measured the Honda with the Grubee mounting plate and if memory serves. Was about a foot x a foot (12 inches) I am having a design for a tranny made up and the engine and bike are at MaxTorque in IL. Will get you exact measurements when she gets home.

Attachments