Happy fourth, who's riding today?

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle General Discussion' started by donphantasmo, Jul 4, 2012.

1. donphantasmo

donphantasmo Member

I'm stuck in paradise. Well, I'm on a beach with the wife and kids. But, I'm thinking to myself I's rather take the MB out for a spin.

Who else is riding (for fun) today?

If so, take a pic and post it.

2. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

Too many drunks on the roads today/tonight, staying in the bunker.

3. Ibedayank

Ibedayank New Member

maybe on my road/country block with the 2stroke but as Joe says... best to stay home

4. azbill

azbill Active Member

I'm ridin' !!!
    as always, I ride like I'm invisible ;)

5. Bikeguy Joe

Bikeguy Joe Godfather of Motorized Bicycles

They get loaded enough to see the invisible man around here.

6. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

I wanted to go test a new helmet camera mount but the area is crawling with cops. State and county boys are roving the neighborhood investigating a rash of car vandalizms. The creeps got my Jeep Cherokee, magic marker, profanity and antisemantic slogans, swastikas, and I'm not even Jewish. At least they didn't do my garage door like a couple of my neighbors got.
    Anyway, I decided to let things cool down a bit before I went out there. Spent the afternoon cleaning up the mess. Little ba$tards. :(

Tom

7. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Hey! This time of year we get to celebrate our independence/dependance? We send more of our money to China and then sit in our front yards and set it all on fire!:)

8. Mike B

Mike B New Member

I put 10 miles on the Revive, rode out to the Mall and got a lock for the Revive - :) and picked up some smokes for Pops & me.

After supper and watching the city fireworks, I'm going nite riding and cruise the hood and watch the little fireworks.

9. donphantasmo

donphantasmo Member

I took the bike around the block a few times. I can't wait till my new build. But, it's still so much fun

10. Greg58

Greg58 Well-Known Member

I just got in, I've been out testing the cdi I made. People were sitting out on their lawns and on the street watching fireworks, I ride by with my stars and stripes tee shirt and matching helmet with flashing front and rear lights as well as the flashing head light. Every single one waved. Kinda funny me with all my colors on riding a China girl!

#10 Greg58, Jul 4, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  11. scotto-

scotto- Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder

Myself and a couple local boys had a great ride today! We rode up to the Pizza Port in Carlsbad for pizza and ale. Nice and overcast with the whole city in party mode. I rode 50.6 miles of pure socal riding pleasure......Happy 4th everyone!

dnut

12. Geezer

Geezer Member

Took an 18 mile ride this evening. It was near 100 degrees here today
    and the bottoms of the hills were like riding into air condioning... felt great.

Happy blow some sht up day guys

heres a pic of the sunset i took on the way

Attached Files:

13. 2door

2door Moderator
    Staff Member

Yeah but Greg, they don't know it's made in China. Even if they did, so are the fireworks they're watching. :)

Tom

14. Scootmeister

Scootmeister Member

Decided to dial in the Mikuni on my engine for our local parade on Saturday, but couldn't get it just right. I removed my gas tank shutoff valve and found the little screen was clogged with gasoline varnish or ethanol gook. Cleaned the screen with brake cleaner then swapped the gasoline for ehtanol free high test. I re-adjusted the carb and it dialed right in. I rode the bike to the post office, picked up a new lawn sprinkler at the hardware store, then rode to the waterfront to watch the shrimp boats unload. The bike runs so well I rode through the village and recruited a couple on scooters to ride with us in Saturday's parade. Made it home in time to throw the burgers on the grill for everyone.

15. culvercityclassic

culvercityclassic Well-Known Member

I went out early to Venice Beach, checked in with some locals and the surf and was home by 10:00 am for the block party. Its been a nice day so far.

16. Goat Herder

Goat Herder Gutter Rider

Detailed cleaned up my bike. Put on new grips and a seat. Decided to repaint the faded black color of the exhaust pipe black again. Looked for carbon build up in it, darn thing was perfect clean. Last tested out the aerodynamics of the paint job lol.

17. Allen_Wrench

Allen_Wrench Resident Mad Scientist

I wanted to, but I didn't think it'd be wise. The heat (104 f) really got to me today: headaches, nausea, asthma symptoms. I didn't start feeling better until about one am. Probably just as well, I would have been dodging the neighbors' bottle rockets, roman candles, and other dangerous ordnance.

18. donphantasmo

donphantasmo Member

Man, I'm glad everyone had a good time. I'm active duty Navy, and they gave us Wednesday off. Plus we got to come in on Thursday at 0845 rather then 0630 (probably because everyone was going to be hung over).

So, I'm just happy for a day off. Work two days, get a day off, then work 2 days, get a 2 days, that was great.

Anywho, Nothing says Happy birthday America like a Korean bike with a Chinagirl motor and Chinese fireworks, eating American hotdogs and hamburgers.

'Merica!!