Happy 7th Birthday SoCal Motor Bicycle Racing!

Discussion in 'Motorized Bicycle Racing' started by MotorBicycleRacing, Jun 18, 2018.

1. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

It is Socal Motor Bicycle Racing's 7th Birthday on Fathers day June 18th
    which was our first race day back in 2011 at Willow Springs.

There are still quite a few of the racers on that day still with us today
    but I am the only one that has been to every race.
    Here's to another 7 years of racing in Southern California on kart tracks!

Thanks to all the racers and spectators that support our unique sport!
    See you on Sat Oct 27th.

Tyler6357, BobbyT and bairdco like this.
  2. MotorBicycleRacing

Thanks Baird for the Like!
    7th Birthday is in our 8th year.
    2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018-------

3. bairdco

bairdco a guy who makes cool bikes

Somebody had to like it. You and me had our little battles, but I was there at willow testing the track before the race. And if it wasn't for you keeping this going, I woulda moved on to something else, like competitive lawn darts or something. ..

MotorBicycleRacing likes this.
  4. Gbrebes

Gbrebes Active Member

Congratulations Neil!

I can not really quantify how much I have got out of attending these races. I did not get to attend the first couple of races, I was still building my bike. But I followed all the races from this forum. Ever since first attending at Grange, I have been truly grateful for each race that I got to attend.

It’s awesome to share a passion with other like-minded people and to really push my riding limits on a closed race track. I have washed out on turns pushing it too hard at least 5 or 6 times, but I have luckily received just the minimum of scratches.

So thanks to you Neil, and thank you to all of the racers who have put the rubber to the pavement over the years.

Gilbert

MotorBicycleRacing likes this.
  5. MotorBicycleRacing

Thanks Baird and Gilbert!
    There would be no races if you guys did not build your cool bikes and put them through their paces on the track.

6. Tyler6357

Tyler6357 Active Member

From what I understand, there is a real passion out there for lawn darts. Just read the first part of this article about it, perhaps they are more like us than we know or care to admit?? In any event, I think I might be ready in about 20 years.

"They live among you. They are your friends and neighbors. They act like law-abiding citizens, but they hide a dark secret.

"We make sure everyone knows this is an adult activity," says Bill McGrane, who spent last weekend binging on his forbidden passion.

They are rebels, scofflaws. They purchase, use, and sometimes home-build their own illegal items. They operate on the fringes of legality. They do so, brazenly, in their own backyards, sometimes right under the eyes of local law enforcement.

"I'm in a small town. I'm sure the police know that we do it," says Shane Davis, who also flouts his pastime on the Internet.

They claim they are doing nothing harmful, yet the object of their fascination has been illegal in the United States for 25 years. They invite friends and family to join them: an innocent call to share in the fun, or the first step down the road of temptation?

"We have six courts: no waiting," McGrane says.

These men lead normal lives. They have families and careers. But like hundreds of others around the country, they also do the unthinkable. They take part in America's Most Dangerous Game.

Davis and McGrane play lawn darts. And they don't care who knows.
    "

#6 Tyler6357, Jul 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2018
  7. MotorBicycleRacing

Illegal, overpowered, motor stuffed into a bicycle racing!
    We could use a new article.
    https://rideapart.com/articles/socal-motor-bicycle-racing-grange

8. MotorBicycleRacing