GT-5, splitting the cases and that stupid puller questions.

GoldenMotor.com

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
I'm having a hard time getting the counter shaft sprocket off and the backside of the clutch with the supplied puller. I know yall you know some tricks. Please hook me.

Thanks

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Install the puller as far as it will go WITHOUT the plunger (center piece). Now install the plunger and tighten it down as tight as you can by hand. Take a hammer and strike the plunger a sew tines. Tighten plunger and strike with hammer again...repeat tightening the plunger/strike with hammer. Be careful that the puller is seated as far as you can...they aren't good tool steel and can strip the tool or the sprocket threads. You may need to jam the two gears with a soft metal or a thick rag.

Gary Harris

Jul 31, 2011
Houston
Install the puller as far as it will go WITHOUT the plunger (center piece). Now install the plunger and tighten it down as tight as you can by hand. Take a hammer and strike the plunger a sew tines. Tighten plunger and strike with hammer again...repeat tightening the plunger/strike with hammer. Be careful that the puller is seated as far as you can...they aren't good tool steel and can strip the tool or the sprocket threads. You may need to jam the two gears with a soft metal or a thick rag.
That might be the problem. The outer threads on the tool will NOT go all the way down. I tried forcing, or umphing it down last night and in order to get it out, I messed it up.

Ill never buy one of the cheap motors again.